Our Monday tradition continues… it’s just moving to the virtual world for the time being. The Open Mic OG’s (Godfather Dan Mazur, Garret Schmittling, and Rick Morrone) are hosting the first ever Virtual Monday Open Mic!
SIGN UP – Let us know what number/timeslot you’d like to be by messaging our facebook page… first come first serve, we will do our best to meet everyone’s wants and needs. Sign ups begin Sunday at 8:30 so you have plenty of time to get things ready.
SAME RULES – 3 songs or 15 minutes. Singer Songwriters and Jammers welcome. While we aren’t there to back you up, feel free to use a youtube video or a backing track.
BE ONLINE – We are using Google Hangouts to phone you in to the stream. Message “The Johnnies Open Mic and Jam” on Facebook, and we will send you a Google Hangout link to do a test right before your turn. We’ll then send you a NEW Google Hangout link to have you go live on our stream when it’s your turn. Rick/Garret/Dan can help walk you through any technical difficulties while someone else is performing, depending on who is available to do so at the time.
HOW THE HECK ARE WE GONNA DO THIS??
EASY AUDIO SETTINGS
- Download the Google Hangouts App on your SmartPhone
- Have your speakers/amp facing the phone at least 6 feet away (Per Social Distancing, and for best results)
ADVANCED AUDIO SETTINGS – COMPUTER
- Option A: Just use your computer mic
- Option B: If using a mixer, you MUST HAVE ALL OF FOLLOWING: Mixing board/interface with an output and cable (example, RCA to 1/8th inch cable), a Line input to your computer (connected from the mixer), AND Headphones w/jack.
- YOU MUST HAVE HEADPHONES IF USING A COMPUTER – if you don’t, it will cause an annoying delay, and not the kind on your BOSS pedal. It will be bad for the listener.
Guarantee a Good Performance! – Even though the internet is amazing, sometimes the quality sucks. If you’d want to record something on your phone so it’s up to your standard you can have it be one of your songs. Just record the video, make sure it’s as awesome as you are and send it to: email@example.com by Monday at 7:00pm.
SUPPORT 342 – Like many establishments, Jimmy from 342 (the amazing dwelling of our open mic) is going through a tough time.
Cash App: $342Bar
GET YOUR OWN TIPS, TOO! – We know it’s hard for everyone right now. If you have payment apps (Venmo/CashApp/PayPal) we will display it on the screen while you are playing.
SPREAD THE WORD!!! Even if you’re not a performer, many people would love to watch something like this for entertainment right now! SHARE!
This is gonna be a blast, and it’s only getting better with time – SO bear with us if there are any technical issues.
<3 Garret, Rick and Dan
Past and Present Open Mic Hosts